Trisha's Shoebox: Free Writing 1

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Free Writing 1



“Mouse in Manhattan”, one of the many clips from our beloved series Tom and Jerry. Every time I see this it brings me back to my childhood, sitting back on my grandma’s couch watching TV on a weekday. I especially like this particular clip, number one, because it deals with the greatness of home, which I have always related to. I also like it because it shows that while Tom and Jerry are almost always at odds, they still understand a mutual relationship. I believe this because when Jerry comes back from Manhattan, he is so overjoyed to see Tom. It makes it a really cute, sweet, and touching clip. Kind of like that episode where Jerry becomes a mousicle, just not as heart wrenching.

I also especially like this clip because Jerry has so much personality and so much charisma. Jerry of course is a great actor in all the episodes, but in this one, I love the way he moves, his expressions, and especially the part where he dances with the dolls. I remember dancing everywhere, in restaurants, or streets, in my own world much like Jerry. I remember feeling as if I moved with as much fluidity and charisma as Jerry does in this episode. I believed that I looked like I was moving the same way I felt that I was moving. However, countless years of ballet, and modern devices such as cameras and photos caused a harsher reality materialize. Jerry in this episode makes me laugh, gives me hope, inspires me, and gives me a magical experience.

No comments: